Sales Coordinator – Job Posting
Title: Sales Coordinator, Technical Events
Reports To: Director of Sales and Marketing
Compensation: Competitive annual salary based on experience and company health benefits package.
Job Type: Full-time
Career Level: Coordinator
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posting Date: Friday, April 30, 2022
EPiQVision offers comprehensive technical event production services to social and corporate planners, businesses, venues, and individuals in the Greater Toronto Area. We specialize in being in-house venue partners that provide customizable and scalable solutions. Our tried-and-tested process for working with our venue partners has generated capture rates of 96-98% for our venues. Our secret: robust production design, the best equipment available, and highly professional, client-centric service delivery. For more information, please visit: https://epiqvision.com
We have expanded our services to include virtual and hybrid events with our all-in-one event management platform JUNōO. Taking your virtual and hybrid event to the next level, JUNōO offers virtual immersive digital experiences tailored specifically to your company or client. The platform allows for more opportunities for attendees to engage and connect within your custom designed virtual event site and be able to watch, listen, and learn in main stage presentations, fireside chats, breakout sessions, interactive moments, and more. For more information, please visit: https://junoo.live
The Sales Coordinator, Technical Events is responsible for sales, including preparing and finalizing quotes, driving sales revenue, managing client and venue relations, and related sales performance. This individual will monitor sales in relation to financial goals, prepare and deliver sales materials, organize and/or attend exhibits and other promotions and maintain and build venue, client, and vendor relationships.
This individual will be working at one of the company’s properties downtown Toronto alongside the operations and sales teams to plan and execute events. They will also have the ability to work at the company’s main office as required. This individual must be self-motivated, open-minded, creative, detail-oriented, have a strong understanding and interest in technology, and be able to talk to clients on the phone, by email, and in person.
With the continuous changes of restrictions surrounding COVID-19, the successful candidate has the ability to work remotely (from home) if required, with the understanding that their primary workplace is their assigned property or the company’s main office.
- Connect with clients and planners to initialize the conversation of their audio-visual requirements for their event
- Develop, manage, and nurture new business accounts and partnerships to accomplish profit and volume goals
- Build strong internal relationships between the company and its clients
- Promote and maintain the organization’s brand image and identity within the marketplace
- Maintain professional conduct and appearance at all times
- Maintain a cooperative and sensitive teamwork attitude when dealing with clients
- Create and update quotes for events
- Accurately forecast annual, quarterly, and monthly revenue streams
- Represent the company externally in an effective manner. Determine appropriate trade show and other sales development event participation
- Attend venue BEO meetings as required
- Attend department and other company meetings as required
- Coordinate with venue management and sales team to setup site visits for the clients
- Work with venue sales and marketing teams to develop new mutually beneficial sales and marketing strategies
- Coordinate with EPiQVision operations team to confirm audio-visual details and venue and event specific requests
- All other duties as required by company
- Post-secondary education in event production, event management, hospitality, or business management
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in event management, event sales, or in a similar position
- Communicating orally and written at a full professional proficiency level or greater in the English language
- Experience in all aspects of sales, including growth strategies, distribution channel management, account development, and business planning
- Knowledge of lighting, audio, video, staging, and rigging systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Ability to manage multiple requests and rapidly changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of dealing with problems quickly and effectively
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Flexible customer service oriented attitude with a commitment to supporting a variety of events
- Strong negotiation skills with clients and vendors
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Experience working in a hotel or events venue environment is an asset
- CAD experience and skills is an asset
- Knowledge and experience of Flex Rental Solutions software is an asset
- Knowledge of current Safety Guidelines for the Live Performance Industry in Ontario is an asset
- Knowledge of current municipal, provincial, and federal workplace health & safety regulations is an asset
- Knowledge of current Fire and Building Codes is an asset
- Knowledge of current ESA, AODA, OHSA is an asset
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle is an asset
COVID-19 Vaccination Status: All offers of employment are conditional based on the candidate being able and willing to provide proof of full vaccination status.
- Extended periods of sitting, standing, walking, and other physically demanding conditions
- Verbal and written interactions with clients, vendors, employees, and part-time staff at a full professional proficiency level or greater in the English language
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Medium to high levels of stress and pressure
- Flexible and additional hours, including some evenings and weekends
- Attendance and participation in company issued training
- Engagement in a healthy work-life balance
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should apply by sending a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line Sales Coordinator.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please. All offers of employment are conditional based on the candidate legally allowed to work in Canada and able and willing to provide proof of full vaccination status.
EPiQVision is a barrier-free and equal opportunity employer that strives to ensure its employment practices are free from direct and indirect discrimination and is committed to upholding the human rights of those participating in the hiring process under the Ontario Human Rights Code. In addition, EPiQVision will meet the needs of all persons with disabilities under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process. In pursuit of this commitment, EPiQVision will not condone or tolerate any acts of discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation and this extends to the hiring process and throughout the course of employment.
Employer’s Response to COVID-19 during the Hiring Process
EPiQVision is committed to doing everything possible to stop the spread of COVID-19, based on the expert advice of the local government and health authorities. As part of the company’s efforts to protect the health and safety of candidates and our staff, we will be conducting job interviews online via video call, where possible. If not possible, appropriate health and safety protocols will be followed during in-person interviews. All candidates should follow the direction of the Human Resources staff during the hiring process as they will provide you with more information about any upcoming interviews and procedures.